Best Essential Oils for Bruises – Heal Bruises Quickly
Ever got a bruise with no idea how you are hurt? Sometimes we never realize that we have a bruise until someone points out. It can happen to anyone irrespective of age. Bruises are generally dark patches that are formed when you accidentally bump into something or being in a Collison or experience other types of contact. Essential oils for bruises are wonderful natural remedies that have no side effects if used appropriately. These concentrated forms of liquid extracted from a plant are overwhelmed with both chemical and aromatic compounds.
Using essential oils for bruises can help you get rid of bruises along with the symptoms that are being accompanied by them.
Best Essential Oils for Bruises
Lemongrass Essential Oil
This type of tropical grass is commonly found in Asia and India, helps in reducing swelling from injury and bruises. When you get a bruise, it is obvious to feel pain in the area where you got hurt. Lemongrass is widely famous for its analgesic properties that can easily eliminate the pain which leads to quicker healing.
How to use-
- Add a few drops of lemongrass essential oil in a tablespoon of any carrier oil. Coconut oil is the best pick for this.
- Massage gently onto the affected area with the blend
- Repeat it twice a day regularly until it gets healed
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is phenomenal in treating bruises and swelling from injuries. This oil has versatile uses. Lavender oil has rich anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that minimize the appearance of bruises. This oil is suitable for all kinds of skin conditions such as treating burns, acne, scars, swelling, fungal infections and eczema. With being gentle, the lavender essential oil is highly effective in stopping the blood flow, thereby healing a bruise.
If you want to sooth the inflammation and pain accompanied with the bruise, look no further than the lavender essential oil. It might be expensive but the benefits surpass this very aspect.
How to use-
- Take 3-4 drops of lavender oil and apply gently on the right over the affected area
- Lavender oil can be used undiluted as well as in a diluted form.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential oil contains several antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can add great relief to your bruises. Its immune supporting abilities need no introduction in reducing swelling from injury and thus promote faster recovery. Rosemary essential oil should not be applied directly on the skin. This oil has no contender in treating bruises and sprains.
How to use –
- Mix 3 drops of rosemary essential oil to any carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Stir it well.
- Pour the mixture in a tub of warm water and soak the affected area for 20 minutes. Regularly follow this for two-three days and see the miraculous result+.
- The blend can be directly applied to the bruised area but be gentle in doing so.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
Extracted from a medical plant called Helichrysum, this oil is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It does not only stimulate blood vessels but also encourage healing and recovery in the affected area. When you think you are going to have a bruise-with no time to waste, apply Helichrysum oil right away. Proving relief to swelling from injury is an ultimate function of this oil.
How to use-
- Create a blend by mixing Helichrysum essential oil with any carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil.
- Apply gently few drops of the blend directly over the bruise. In case of highly sensitive skin, try mixing this oil with lavender oil that can soothe your skin.
Germanium essential Oil
Germanium essential oil is considered one of the best essential oil for bruises due to its ability to increase circulation in the body. This strong essential oil stimulates blood flow that can help to heal more quickly. It also aids in the generation of new skin cells and heals bruises and sprains faster than anything. Proper dilution is recommended otherwise it may cause irritation. Always go for a patch test on your skin before applying to the large area.
How to use-
- Dilute germanium essential oil to any of the carrier oil like coconut oil.
- Apply a few drops to the injury and get relieved in no time. But remember consistency matters.
Yarrow Essential Oil
This smooth and beautiful body oil is believed to contain astringent and anti-inflammatory properties which work wonderfully on swelling from injuries, bruises, and even sprains. Its uplifting fragrance is fully loaded with skin-rejuvenating qualities. It is soothing, relaxing, healing and powerful. Those who are looking to minimize the appearance of bruises, yarrow essential oil is a savior. With taking care of the bruised area by reducing inflammation, it also ensures relief to them.
How to use-
- This oil may cause irritation so it is better to dilute it with any carrier oil
- Form a combination and apply to the area of injury and get rid of the unwanted marks and pain.
Chamomile Essential Oil
This oil is one of the most sought-after natural treatments for swelling from injuries, bruises and sprains too. Enjoy scar-free skin with no inflammation and redness. Put an end to the painful conditions of bruises with a dab of this oil. It does not only calm any kind of irritation your skin might be experiencing but also hydrates the skin. Chamomile essential oil has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-infectious properties that lessen the pain, swelling and also prevent your bruise from getting any further damage. All these properties become an essential part of the healing process.
How to use-
- Blend this oil with any carrier oil and apply the mixture on the area of pain
- You can also add a few drops to your bath or go for a cold compress with this oil infused water for getting quick relief.
Cypress Essential Oil
This super-effective essential oil for bruising can prevent the pooling of blood by promoting great blood circulation. Though this oil is less well known but no one can deny its effectiveness in treating swelling from injury. Mitigate the appearance of a bad bruise by a timely application of this miraculous oil. Almond and coconut oil blend well with cypress essential oil.
- First of all, apply ice to the injury
- Create a blend of this oil with an appropriate carrier oil. Apply directly onto the skin.
- Keep repeating the process several times a day for a faster recovery.
Parsley Essential Oil
Well known as a vegetable, spice, and herb, Parsley essential oil is the extraction of the parsley leaves itself. Parsley is one of a great essential oil for bruises due to its antiseptic, anti-microbial, astringent and stimulant properties. Apply this oil to minimize the appearance of ugly bruises and protecting the injury from irritation and infections. It also increases blood circulation which leads to faster recovery.
How to use-
- Combine few drops of parsley essential oil with an appropriate carrier oil
- Apply the combination to the area of injury.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Distilled from the sap of the frankincense tree, drops of this oil are just like liquid pearls from the tree of life. This oil has been reverently used for thousands of years for religious purposes as well as in beautifying the skin. Antioxidants and stimulant compounds of frankincense essential oil are associated with reducing the ugly appearance of bruises, inflammation and swelling from injury. It has a long history of use and works great when the bruise is badly discolored.
How to use-
- Frankincense oil is safe to use in an undiluted form.
- Being light in nature, frankincense essential oil can be applied to the bruises of children.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
This essential oil is another superb natural remedy for bruises and sprains. Derived from the leaves of eucalyptus plants, eucalyptus oil is a powerful antiseptic agent. Preventing bacterial infection in the bruised skin area, regeneration of the skin tissues and relieving the aches and pains are some of the benefits of using this oil.
How to use-
Mix 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil with any of the carrier oil. Then apply the blend to the bruised skin area. Cover the injury with medical gauze to avoid any kind of infection and seek faster recovery.
Useful Tips while using essential oils for bruises.
- Never avoid dilution of potent oil.
- Patch test is a must
- Treat gently the area of the bruise. Do not rub it hard otherwise it may worsen the condition.
- Be moderate with the quantity while using essential oils for bruises.
- Be careful while doing movements to avoid any further injuries.
- Advices would be too many but do not use random stuff on your bruises.
- Keep a watch on the condition of your bruise. If it is severe, consult a doctor before applying essential oils for bruises.
- Proper care and observation is required in order to use essential oils.