5 Best Essential Oils For Eczema – 100% Natural Treatment
Eczema is a skin condition where itchy, red, rough, cracked, inflamed patches appear on the skin. Most commonly found in infants and young children. It usually develops when anyone is over-sensitive to allergens. These allergens may comprise dust, chemicals, molds, certain food, animal dander, and pollens. The cause of this skin condition is not fully understood but it can be mitigated with the help of best essential oils for eczema. Generally starts with persistent and painful itching due to the hot and patchy skin, leading to dry and cracked, eventually turning to bleed and weeping blisters.
Eczema occurs because of an overreaction of the immune system to a particular substance. These substances may include everyday items such as environmental pollutants, clothes, cigarette smoking, and foods. Avoid strong creams and other pharmaceutical products for treatment. Using many of the following essential oils for eczema can provide a quick relief:
Best Essential Oils for Eczema
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is considered one of the best essential oils for eczema due to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, immune stimulating and antioxidant properties. It is a popular choice for improving the appearance of marks and scars caused by eczema. It prevents skin infections and also soothes the damage. It does not only boost the immune system, but the tea tree essential oil is also much more than that.
- Rich in balsamic properties, tea tree oil is an ideal oil to boost health. Promoting the absorption of nutrients from food and protection from diseases are the main functions of tea tree oil.
- Tea tree oil works wonderfully to heal wounds quickly and even protects them from infections. Credit goes to its cicatrisant property.
- People who are suffering from certain respiratory disorders including congestion, cold and cough and other troubles, are guaranteed to get relief from this miraculous oil.
- Tea tree oil surely knows how to take care of certain hair conditions. Be it hair loss, dandruff or itchy scalp, using tea tree oil help moisturize the scalp, reducing the amount of dry skin.
- Tea tree oil is widely known for its stimulating effect on blood circulation and immune system.
- Hygiene is utmost important for all of us. There is no room for body odour, when it comes to tea tree oil.
It is recommended to use tea tree oil with the carrier oil and apply to the affected area for long-lasting results.
Coconut Essential Oil for Eczema
Coconut oil is a natural remedy that is loaded with healing properties. It is so far one of the best essential oils for treating eczema. Unlike a tropical cream that takes away the pain temporarily, coconut oil soothes acute redness and keeps infection at bay.
- Eczema sufferers always have to deal with dry skin. Coconut oil is great in moisturizing the skin keeping it soft. It does not only prevent skin breakups but also improves the feel of rough and flaky skin. This oil has been tried and tested clinically to reduce eczema symptoms.
- Coconut oil is made up of fatty acids that are absorbed into the skin layers easily. Coconut oil nourishes the skin, making it elastic and supple.
- Coconut oil fights off the harmful bacteria. Many studies have proved its beneficial effect on human health. Coconut oil is among the most natural and best essential oils for eczema.
- Coconut oil has an anti-inflammatory property that is a must for eczema relief. Eczema sufferers develop skin inflammation due to numerous reasons; timely application of coconut oil can arrest these culprits.
- This colorless pleasant oil is extracted from the immensely edible dried kernel. This oil enjoys an excellent safety profile making it one of the best baby massage oils.
- Coconut oil is cost effective and offers miraculous health benefits.
Apply a small amount of coconut oil to quickly eliminate symptoms of eczema.
Rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties, Helichrysum oil is the most sought-after essential oils for eczema. Everybody is aware of the wonders of this oil which can tackle eczema from both ways- as a treatment and a preventive measure. So keep this oil handy and use this if you are experiencing a severe allergic reaction.
- Aid in the skin recovery- Helichrysum oil has cytophylactic properties that promote cell health. It helps in the regeneration of dead cells and the production of new cells.
- Helps in blood circulation-This essential oil is used to clear the accumulation of blood clots and maintain a smooth blood flow in the body.
- Prevents dehydration-Its moisturizing effects prevent dehydration and cracking. It helps in maintaining skin health.
- Heals wounds- this essential oil prevents the wounds to become septic. It has the ability to heal wounds, cuts, pricks or any other open sores that may invite infection.
- Improves liver- This essential oil is perfect to take care of your liver. It soothes the liver, saves it from infections, regulates its discharges and of course keep it healthy and strong.
Helichrysum oil is strong in nature so it is advised to consult medical professionals before use.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil is a natural remedy to heal your skin and eliminate flare-ups in case of eczema. When the allergy attacks the skin, there is a flood of enzymes in the body. Eucalyptus oil has been proved as one of the best essential oils to reduce this pro-inflammatory enzyme. It is an ultimate solution to a chronic eczema condition. This essential oil is highly effective in treating skin problems such as wounds, boils, acne, cuts, skin infections and more.
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties of Eucalyptus oil makes it an effective way to relieve congestion and cold. If you inhale the strong aroma of eucalyptus oil, cough and cold problems will go in no time. Hacking cough can create nuisance in the body. This is where eucalyptus oil comes for your rescue. It helps to loosen phlegm and the thinned mucus can be easily expelled out of your chest.
- Eucalyptus oil acts great in hair nourishment. It encourages healthy hair development by moisturizing your hair. Itchy scalp is no more a problem if you have eucalyptus oil in your reach. It also prevents those tiny critters.
- If you are looking for a natural alternative to keep bugs away, look no further. Eucalyptus oil is an excellent repellent option to battle with the bugs.
- Eucalyptus oil can act brilliantly in case of cold sores. Next time if you feel that tingling, burning sensation, act promptly and apply this oil.
- Eucalyptus oil is blessed with anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the body’s temperature during a fever. This oil also soothes the pain related to joint or muscles.
- Nothing can be worse than the clogged-head congested feeling of a sinus infection. Eucalyptus essential oil can help.
- Eucalyptus oil has a natural sunscreen that protects you from harmful rays.
- Fungal infections can be contagious. If you are also annoyed by a skin fungus, it is high time to use eucalyptus oil. Get that annoying itch of your body.
This oil is highly beneficial for decreasing the hard patches of eczema rashes so put few drops on the affected area for rapid relief.
Clove Essential Oil for Eczema
Clove oil is considered one of the perfect solutions to reduce inflammation and pain in eczema. Clove oil has an active ingredient called eugenol that is able to counter attack the irritation.
- No one is unaware of the prominent use of clove oil in dental care. Clove oil is full of germicidal properties that make it effective for relieving toothache, sore gums, dental pain or mouth ulcers.
- Clove oil is an excellent stress reliever. It helps you to feel relax and remove mental exhaustion and fatigue. It refreshes the mind and helps to fight insomnia.
- Clove oil is a useful remedy to soothe a sore throat and other respiratory problems such as coughs, colds, asthma, and congestion.
- Those who suffer from motion sickness, clove oil can relieve their nausea and vomiting.
- Bugs cannot stand the pungent smell of clove oil so it is a wonderful bug repellent.
- The anesthetic and analgesic properties make olive oil a perfect treatment for an earache.
- Stomach related problems such as indigestion, hiccups and motion sickness can no longer bother you if you know about the clove oil.
- You need to mix clove oil with salt and apply on the forehead in order to get relief from headaches. It anti-inflammatory compounds also helps to sooth the joints pain or overworked muscles.
- Apart from boosting the immune system, clove oil is world famous for increasing blood circulation which in turn raises organ efficiency.
Clove oil can be used in a number of ways depending on the problem you are facing. It is suggested to always ask your doctor before use.
There are abundant natural remedies to treat eczema without expensive trips to the doctors. Using natural resources for the treatment produces a healthier result than causing damage in case of steroid creams. The good news is that choosing the best essential oil for eczema can find relief.