Magical Anti-Inflammatory Essential Oils To Try Right Now
Inflammation is commonly associated with pain but it is body’s natural response to injuries and infections. Long-term lifestyle changes are needed to eradicate the diseases that plague our society. Out of all the necessary changes, an effective step is to use the anti-inflammatory essential oils. By addressing the inflammation with anti-inflammatory essential oils, not only relief could be provided to the pain but also your overall health can be improved. There are a number of best essential oils which can provide effective treatment for inflammation. 5 best anti-inflammatory essential oils are as follows:
5 Best Anti-Inflammatory Essential Oils
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is the most popular essential oil due to its restorative properties. It is widely used for its ability to boost mental activity, treat muscular pain, stimulate hair growth, improve blood circulation and relieve respiratory problems. Extracted from the leaves, Rosemary essential oil is used for the variety of purposes including food preparation, cosmetics, and medicinal herbal care. It is one of the best anti-inflammatory essential oils. Many medical products contain rosemary essential oil. Following are the health benefits of rosemary essential oil:
- Hair Care: Rosemary essential oil is a popular ingredient in shampoos and lotions. Consistent use of rosemary oil not only stimulates follicles but also makes hair grow longer. Many studies have also proved that this precious oil slows down greying of hair. If you want to get rid of dandruff, rosemary oil is a life-saver.
- Improves Digestion: Rosemary essential oil is a wonderful treatment for indigestion, stomach cramps, bloating and constipation. It also stimulates appetite and improves the overall health of the body.
- Skin Care: Skin care benefits of rosemary essential oil are not that vast as they are prevalent in hair care. It is beneficial in eliminating acne, dermatitis, oily skin and other skin allergies.
- Increases Cognitive Function: This excellent brain tonic increases concentration and boosts up the mental health. It helps in studying efficiently as it increases memory power. Whenever your brain is cluttered with thoughts, try inhaling rosemary oil to renew your mental energy.
- Boosts Immune System: Antioxidants contained in the essential oils help to fight off infection and disease. Rosemary essential oil boosts up the immune system and aid in protecting our health.
- Provides Relief From Pain: The miraculous effects of rosemary essential oil to relieve pain are known to everyone. It helps in treating headaches, muscle pains, relieving stress and even curing arthritis.
- Treats Respiratory Problems: Rosemary essential oil is great in treating respiratory problems such as throat congestion, colds, and the flu. It is also used to give relief from various respiratory infections.
- Removes Bad odour: due to its unique aroma, rosemary essential oil is used in room freshener, beauty products, candles, oils, perfumes, and food. It is and excellent inhaler and removes bad odour.
Peppermint Essential Oil
There are numerous health benefits of Peppermint essential oil. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, the oil is quite popular in treating stiffness, headache, nausea, bowel spasm, indigestion, fever and proving pain relief. This essential oil is used widely in manufacturing soap, shampoos, chewing gum, cigarettes, ice-cream, and toothpaste. It is one of the best anti-inflammatory essential oil because it contains numerous minerals and nutrients. Impressive benefits of peppermint essential oil are:
- Dental Care: due to its anti-septic properties, peppermint essential oil is extremely useful in dental care. It aids teeth and gums fight off germs and also removes bad breath. This is why this ingredient is inevitable in manufacturing toothpastes. It also relieves tooth aches.
- Hair Care: Due to its cooling effects, peppermint oil is also used in hair care. It not only removes dandruff and lice but also stimulates hair growth. This oil helps you to get rid of scalp irritation and provides hair a shiny look.
- Nail Care: There are many types of research that substantiate that peppermint essential oil can reduce the risk of fungal nail infections.
- Treats Respiratory Problems: Menthol is an important component that aids in clearing the respiratory tract. It provides relief from nasal congestion, cold, cough, asthma, and other related problems.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Peppermint essential oil improves blood circulation, increases metabolism and also oxygenate the brain.
- Boosts Immune System: Those who have a weak immune system or who seem to frequently suffer from illness, Peppermint oil can do wonders in this regard.
- Improves Digestion: For a better result, put a few drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it after the meal for its beneficial digestive properties. It is best to have it if you have low appetite.
- Skin Care: Due to menthol, it creates a cooling sensation in the skin. It improves the texture of skin and nourishes the dull skin making it smooth and shiny.
Lavender Essential Oil
This is considered as one of the best oils due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Lavender essential oil has been used for centuries to give relaxing effects on the body, to provide relief from skin irritation and bruises. Incorporate lavender oil in your daily life and avail all these below benefits:
- Provides Relaxing Effect: Lavender essential oil is probably the most soothing scent a person can ever experience.
- Heals Burn: Lavender oil contains anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties that play a big role in healing the burns. It acts as a perfect pain reliever. Just put a few drops on the burn and redness/swelling will go in no time.
- Cleanses The Cuts/Bruises: Lavender oil works exceptionally well in case of cuts or bruises. Besides killing bacteria, it can be used to the clean wound.
- Prevents Eczema: Lavender essential oil aids in the treatment of eczema. Keep lavender oil handy to relieve itching. Mix lavender oil with a nut oil and gently apply on the affected area and feel the magic.
- Relieves From Nausea: if you are fed up of motion sickness or feel nausea, place a drop of lavender oil on the end of your tongue and behind ears.
- Skin Care: you can always count on the lavender oil for getting rid of acne troubles. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to fight the bacteria and protect the skin from the pollutants. Lavender oil also improves blood circulation in the skin and tones the skin.
- Hair Care: Lavender oil is great for those who have dandruff or lice. It also acts as an excellent conditioner for the hair, leaving them smooth and shiny.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
This oil is one of the most versatile oil and offers a number of therapeutic benefits. Eucalyptus oil is well-known for its anti-inflammatory, deodorant, antiseptic, decongestant and other medical qualities. This oil has a distinctive taste and order but it is colourless. Extracted from fresh leaves of the tall eucalyptus tree, it is used in a variety of counter drugs and beauty products. The amazing benefits of Eucalyptus essential oil are:
- Heals Wounds: Due to its anti-septic qualities, this oil is used for healing wounds, sores, cuts, and abrasions. It is extremely effective in case of insect bites and stings.
- Provides Relief From Mental Exhaustion: This oil has a cooling and refreshing effect that helps in removing exhaustion and rejuvenates the people who feel tired or bored. This oil also relieves muscle pain.
- Skin Care: If you are suffering from skin infection or acne, using eucalyptus oil helps speed up healing.
- Dental Care: it is considered one of the best treatments for cavities and other dental infections due to its germicidal properties. This oil is found in most of the mouthwash and other dental hygiene products.
- Used As a Soap: Eucalyptus oil has been used in the making of various soaps, household cleaners, and detergent.
- Aromatherapy: Eucalyptus essential oil has refreshing and antiseptic attributes that is the reason people use it in spas, baths, and saunas. The easy blending of Eucalyptus oil with other oils making it popular in aromatherapy.
- Room Freshener: The refreshing aroma and deodorant nature of eucalyptus oil makes it an amazing room freshener for hospitals and households.It kills bacteria and harmful germs in the air, keeping the rooms sterilised.
- Treats Tb and Other Fever: This oil helps in reducing body temperature and Treating TB. That is why it is also called as “Fever oil”.
- Treats Respiratory Problems: Eucalyptus oil clears lungs and treats respiratory problems.
Patchouli Essential Oil
There are numerous health benefits of patchouli oil. This oil is capable of treating depression, soothing inflammation and giving relief from a number of illnesses. You can also use it to relieve joint or muscle pain. This best anti-inflammatory essential oil has several benefits:
- Mood Enhancer: uplifting your mood, removing mental fatigue and driving away tensions are some of the known benefits of Eucalyptus oil. Its earthy pleasant fragrance is enough to bring in positive vibes.
- Great Antiseptic: The main function of eucalyptus oil is to protect your body from infections. It is antiseptic in nature so it is widely used to clean cuts and wounds.
- Treats Fungal Infections: Patchouli essential oil is a great source of anti-fungal qualities. So get rid of nail fungal and other common fungal infection using this anti-inflammatory oil.
- Fights Body Odour: This oil is used in perfume industry because of its musky-sweet fragrance. It also wards off the bad breath and odour.
- Prevents Signs Of Premature Aging: Your dream of having a supple and smooth skin can turn into reality by using this oil. It prevents wrinkles and makes the skin look young.
- Prevents Kidney Stones: Patchouli essential oil plays a major role in preventing kidney and gallbladder stones.
- Insect Repellent: This oil is the common ingredient in the manufacturing of bug-repellent sprays, skin lotions, and incense sticks. It is the most effective way to fight against ants, lice, flies, bugs and other insects.
Either you can use any of the essential oils for pain relief on their own or you can blend some of them together for greater results. With so many people dealing with different kind of pains and other health problems, any type of anti-inflammatory essential oil is welcomed if it provides relief. Luckily, the above mentioned best inflammatory essential oils can not only help relieve pain but also improve overall health.